Hair styling is a part of any woman’s daily hair care routine. It is important to do your own styling so you can save money from visits to the salon. But a lot of women complain that they do not get the same results at home as they do with hairdressers in a salon. Truth is – it is all about learning the tricks of the trade. If you follow these simply hair styling hacks, you can make life easier and be much happier with the results you can get:
1. For curls that last, make sure to use your curling iron at the middle part of the hair and then work your way towards the ends. This will ensure longer lasting curls.
2. Make curls from braids. There is something sexy and appealing about loose waves that look brushed out. Try this styling hack to achieve that look you’ve always desired: start by braiding your hair starting from below your ear down to the end. Go for small, tight braids. Then, run the flat iron down the entire length of hair that has been braided. When you are done, release the braids and use your fingers to gently brush out those curls. Voila! Beautiful, loose waves!
3. Choose the right brush. I’m sure you’ve heard it all before – but it still bears repeating. There is a specific purpose for each style of brush. You can learn more about them here.
4. Tame your cowlick using a flat iron. Bangs can be such a pain to deal with sometimes. Hence, pull out your flat iron and run it a few times on your bangs to keep them straight and well-behaved. You can even create a side swept bangs if you like.
5. Do the double-pony trick. If you have naturally fine hair, attempting to do a ponytail might seem unsightly because hair is limp. But you can try the double ponytail trick to enhance the volume of your hair instantly. Start by gathering the upper section of the hair and tying it in an elastic band (as you would when doing a half-up, half-down hairstyle). Then, gather the remaining lower end section of the hair into a ponytail. Tie both together with an elastic band.
6. Use different wrapping techniques to create different kinds of waves. A combo wrap technique wherein you take out thick and thin sections of hair and then wrap it onto the curling iron barrel can create a textured wave. Meanwhile, a spiral wrap can form a twisted, more elaborate curl. But if you opt for a flat wrap, you can create Shirley Temple kind of curl.
7. Apply hairspray on your hands before styling for a sleek updo. This will help the smaller hairs to stay in place during and after styling for a sleek finish.
8. Wrap hair in an aluminum foil before using the curling iron. This is perfect for those with naturally straight hair that resists any form of styling for curls. It has an added benefit of making curls long lasting.
9. If you have a claw clip, you can also use it to fake a fuller ponytail. Simply clip in at the point where you have secured the ponytail with an elastic band.
10. Use a toothbrush to tame flyaways. Simply spritz a small amount of hairspray onto an old toothbrush. Then, use it to comb your hair.
Which of these hair styling hacks have you been using? If you have more hacks to add, please leave them in the comment.