Dry hair is one of the most common plights encountered by women when it comes to hair care. It is not hard to fathom why because a number of factors can contribute to stripping away moisture off your locks. It can be genetic wherein your scalp cannot produce sufficient amount of sebum to give it moisture or caused by your hair care routine that consists of using too harsh formulas on hair.
Regardless of the reason, you probably have tried using a few treatment methods to cure the source of the problem and restore lustre. But if none of these treatments work, all hope is not lost. You can try these less known dry hair remedies:
1. Avoid or stop using alcohol-containing hair care products. The presence of alcohol in hair products can contribute to causing more dryness. Thus, avoiding them can aid in restoring moisture.
2. The common cause of dry hair is lack of sebum production. Try massaging the scalp regularly to increase blood flow to your scalp and promote sebum production to give it natural moisture and vibrancy.
3. Go for a heated deep conditioning treatment at least once a week. However, focus application to the ends only and refrain from applying the deep conditioning mixture to the roots of hair.
4. Take a warm towel and wrap it around your hair. Make sure to wrap it securely but not too tightly so as to pull at the hair strands. Leave the warm towel on for about 15-20 minutes. The heat will facilitate in seeping deep into the hair follicles to hydrate the hair and give it moisture.
5. Create your own hair mask by mashing avocadoes and bananas. Apply this natural hair mask mixture into your hair and leave it on for at least 15 minutes. It works very effectively in bringing back moisture into the hair.
6. Beer is another common DIY hair recipe ingredient that combats dry hair. Beer is lauded all over the world for its shine enhancing and moisturising qualities. Pour beer into a spray mist bottle and mist adequate amount into your hair while still damp. Once the hair dries, the beer smell will be gone too. So, don’t worry about the smell!
7. Take omega-3 supplements daily. Omega-3 fatty acids are known to be good for your hair and body; thus, incorporating it into your daily diet can restore health back into your hair and eventually liven up dry, damaged locks.
How do you treat dry hair?