Argan oil is a natural oil extracted from the seeds of argan fruit. This type of fruit can be found in Morocco. The seed is crushed and squished until the oil is extracted from it. This oil is used for a number of applications in the skin and beauty industry due to its beneficial properties. However, its most notable benefit concern the field of hair care.
Argan oil is a good source of linoleic acid and other essential fatty acids. When used in hair, the antioxidant and anti-aging properties of the oil penetrate deep inside the hair cuticle to offer an array of benefits. Scientific studies have also shown that a kilogram of argan oil is known to contain more tocopherol, which is a type of antioxidant, versus the same amount in olive oil. This makes it possible to eliminate any free radicals in your hair, thus leaving it not only beautiful but healthy as well.
Below is a breakdown of the health and beauty benefits that argan oil can offer when used on hair:
* Argan oil provides natural hydration for your hair. When used on hair, it can combat roughness in texture and prevent flyaways from happening.
* Argan oil is able to penetrate deep within the hair shaft. Then, it nourishes the hair from within to boost elasticity. The more elastic the hair is, the less likely it is going to break.
* The antioxidant properties in argan oil fights free radicals so your hair stays healthy and strong from within.
* Applying 1-2 drops of argan oil to hair can combat the appearance of frizzy hair. It is also a good natural ingredient to use when treating split ends, especially during its earlier stages.
* The high level of vitamin E in argan oil makes it ideal for use in hair treatment. Thus, argan oil is recommended for treating hair that has been damaged from excessive heat styling or too much chemical processing. It repairs and renews the hair structure with regular use.
* In addition to hydrating your hair, argan oil is also very effective in sealing in moisture. Hence, your hair is not only hydrated, but it also keeps it hydrated for longer.
* When used on colour treated hair, argan oil provides two benefits: 1) it reverses the signs of brittle hair that has been damaged by colour treatment, and 2) it increases the life of your hair colour treatment.
Have you tried using argan oil for your hair?