Dealing with damaged hair is no joke. Hence, women go to great lengths to preserve the natural health and beauty of their tresses even if it meant investing in expensive hair care products and conditioners. Despite the amount of care and attention given, a lot of women still complain about dryness. It might be among the top three gripes for women in terms of their hair.
Experts know a few tricks that will help bring back moisture into dry hair. Several brands had been introducing products into the market designed specifically to provide effective hair conditioning and treat some of the worst hair problems there is. Deep conditioning is one solution that experts have stumbled into and they believe it will help restore bounce in your hair.
Frequency of Deep Conditioning
There are two factors that determine the frequency with which you ought to be performing deep conditioning treatment on your hair: 1) type of conditioning product used, and 2) extent of hair dryness or problem. When deep conditioning, you need to use heat in order to allow the protein to penetrate deep into the hair cuticle.
Chemically relaxed, extremely damaged, or color-treated hair must undergo deep conditioning twice a week. Once the hair has shown signs of recovery, the deep conditioning schedule can be changed to once a week.
Meanwhile, hair types that are naturally curly, limp and weak are recommended to undergo weekly deep conditioning treatment. This is especially recommended for those who have porous hair that are unable to hold moisture. A protein-based treatment will help the hair strands to hold moisture better and combat the signs of limpness or lifelessness.
For normal hair with no signs of permanent damage or exhibit only minor signs of dryness, a biweekly deep conditioning treatment should suffice. Beware about excessive deep conditioning as that, too, can make the hair more prone to breaking off easily.
For more useful tips on deep conditioning and ways to maintain the health of your hair, here are more expert tips you should keep in mind:
- Invest in the right product. Every hair is unique and so it will also require a specific type of hair conditioner to achieve more bounce and vitality.
- Check the ingredients of your hair conditioner. This is a must to ensure that you are not bringing more harm than good to the hair. Opt for products that contain natural ingredients to limit the harsh effects on your hair.
- Don’t dismiss hair breakage. As soon as you see split-ends or hair breakage, you need to do something. It is a clear indicator that your hair is not getting enough moisture and that deep conditioning must be done to restore its luster.
- Apply oil to seal in moisture. Ingredients such as jojoba oil or argan oil can help keep your hair moisture and seal in the nutrients that restore its health.
- Hydrate yourself. Your hair is a part of your body – hence, when you are getting enough water in your system, it also nourishes your hair. On the contrary, if you are not properly hydrated, your hair dries out as well.