Mascara is a cosmetic product designed to enhance your lashes and eyes. It is supposed to make your eyes look more vibrant and expressive. But as always is the case with makeup, there is a fine line between something that looks good and enhances your features versus one that is tacky and overdone. Make sure you do not cross that line.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind when putting on mascara for enhancing effect:
1. When putting on mascara, start at the base. Then, slowly work your way up towards your lashes. This will ensure that you have a lot of volume near the base and your mascara is less likely to get clumped.
3. Avoid pumping your mascara wand in and out of the tube. Doing so will cause it to get dry quickly. Instead, try a twisting motion while the wand is inside the tube. This will allow you to maximise the content of every tube.
4. When your mascara has dried up, resist the urge to apply another coat of mascara. This is one of the reasons why your mascara can look all clumped up. If you intend to apply more than one coat of mascara to your lashes, do it while your lashes are still wet, rather than waiting for the initial coat to dry.
5. If you want to keep your lashes from sticking together as you apply mascara, use your wand to wiggle across it back and forth. This will allow the lashes to separate rather than stick together.
6. If you have trouble with smudging, make your life easy – invest in a waterproof mascara.
Do you like to wear mascara? Any other tips you can add for nice looking mascara?