Biotin is another term of vitamin B-7 and is found in a wide range of food sources including cucumber, egg, cauliflower, chicken, salmon, Swiss chard, and wheat germ, among others. It is an essential nutrient as it provides protein and carbohydrates. Some hair care experts have also deemed that taking higher doses of biotin can provide wonderful benefits to the hair, as well as the skin and nails. The explanation behind this is due to biotin’s ability to improve the composition of keratin, which is a universally known basic structure needed for maintaining healthy hair, as well as support its growth.
Due to the aforementioned benefits of biotin intake for hair health, it is recommended for those suffering from hair loss or has brittle hair that is vulnerable to breakage. But if you are new to the concept of using biotin to promote hair growth, it is important to proceed with caution. You need to take time to learn more about what biotin can do for your hair before you use it.
Here are some of the things that you need to know about using biotin for the hair:
• Biotin has been dubbed in the hair care industry as ‘hair food’. One of its main benefits is the ability to improve hair growth. Regular intake of biotin, either through your diet or supplement, is a must if you want to achieve consistency in the results. Don’t expect overnight results, too. You will have to wait for about a month or so before you can see new hair growth formation.
• Biotin is affordable and readily available. But if you are not sure, you can ask your hairstylist for recommendation on what type of biotin supplement to intake.
• Taking biotin regularly can promote the integrity of hair cuticles. Hence, it is believed to address issues with hair thinning and breakage.
• You might want to consult your dermatologist before taking any biotin supplements. Among the known side effects of biotin include acne, rashes and other forms of skin breakouts. This is true especially when you overdose on biotin intake.
• Another important reminder to keep in mind when you want to intake biotin for hair growth is that it could react to certain types of drugs. Make sure you consult with your doctor first about taking biotin if you have regular drug intake.
• Do not focus solely on getting biotin intake. Make sure you get a balanced source of food items in your diet to acquire other vitamins such as A, C, and E. All of these vitamins and nutrients also contribute to promoting healthy and beautiful hair.
Have you experienced the benefits of biotin for the hair?