There may have been huge strides made when it comes to technology in the hair care industry over the last decade but in reality, hair care is purely simple. Taking a closer look into your hair care habit might just be what you need to achieve better quality hair. One example is in terms of washing your hair. Few people realize there are proper ways of washing the hair because most of the washing habits tend to cause more damage than good.
If you want to learn how to properly wash your hair with shampoo so as to nourish it, instead of wrecking havoc, read on below for the full guidelines:
Do’s for Washing Hair
• Invest in the right shampoo and conditioner for your hair. The importance of choosing the right shampoo and conditioner for your hair type needs to be stressed because it not only encourages healthy hair, but also ensures that the ingredients are safe for your delicate strands.
• Thoroughly wet your hair before applying shampoo. This will allow the formula to penetrate into your hair shaft to ensure thorough cleaning of every strand and your scalp.
• Since hair is most vulnerable when wet, use your fingertips to massage the shampoo onto your hair and scalp while gently running it through the entire length of your hair. Avoid raking the product in because it will only cause further damage.
• When drying your hair, gently blot an absorbent towel onto the hair. Rubbing it will only cause frizz to appear when it dries.
Don’ts for Washing Hair
• Avoid washing hair using really hot water. If you had to heat up water, make sure it is lukewarm. Hot water is too harsh on your hair and can strip away oils. Meanwhile, you can rinse with cold water because it helps to lock in shine into your hair cuticle.
• Don’t overwash your hair. Shampoo is designed to get rid of dirt and product buildup but refrain from excessive washing to the point that you strip hair off of its natural oils.
• Do not bunch your hair up on top of your head. This is a very common habit that a lot of women commit in the shower because they think it makes it easier to wash hair with shampoo. However, doing this will only make hair more prone to tangles and frizz. Simply lather shampoo from your roots to your ends.
What other washing guidelines can you recommend?