When on vacation, you want to be able to leave your life behind and enjoy what is in store for you. The same should be the case with your hair. However, it is easier said than done. A case of bad hair day can almost always ruin your entire vacation. Make sure you plan ahead and guard your hair against possible mishaps. You want your hair to look its best so you can enjoy your vacation and whatever activities you have in store.
In the season of spring or summer, vacation activities mostly take place outdoors wherein your hair is exposed to a lot of stressors: heat, sun, sea water, and the like. Damage is doubled on hair that has undergone treatments such as bleach, dye, or perming. A little addition of stress can wreck havoc on your hair leaving it looking stressed and feeling dry and even straw-like in texture. You wouldn’t want these to ruin your vacation, do you?
Here is a quick guide to help you easily plan a hair care kit to save you from such hair fiasco while on vacation:
* Conditioning is a must! A conditioner or conditioning rinse is of the essential when you’re on vacation – don’t forget to carry them with you! They give TLC to your hair to keep it nourished and regain the health back in the hair.
* Leave-in treatment. In addition to rinse-through conditioner, you need to carry a leave-in treatment with you at all times. It is a good product to provide quick touchups to your hair, especially when it starts to feel dry or lifeless. Simply spray or massage a small amount to your hair (depending on length and thickness) even when you are on the go. There is no need to rinse it off and it will instantly revive your hair.
* Another essential product to have in your hair care kit for vacation is a split ends fluid. Even if you do not have a pre-existing problem on split ends, you will notice that your hair ends are drier than usual when exposed to excess heat or sea and chlorinated pool water. The oil will then work itself into the strands to smoothen out the rough ends, giving it a softer finish. It is also a good product to use if you want to treat the first signs of split ends (so they won’t be able to spread).
* Sun protectant hair spray. When using this tool on vacation, you need to apply adequate amount to the scalp. One of the common mistakes women make when using heat protection hair spray is to apply it to the hair. But what you really need to focus on is the scalp. That is the part that is most vulnerable to sunburn! In addition, using a sun protectant hair spray can prevent bleaching from exposure to UV rays. You should not be going on vacation without this!
* Hair conditioning mask. This is the ultimate treat for your hair after all the salt, chlorine, and sun. It provides the moisture needed by your hair that you have lost while out and about in the sun. Choose hair masks that contain silk proteins and botanical oils for the ultimate nourishing effect. In addition, it also repairs any signs of damage exhibited on your hair strands.
* Another hair care essential is an anti-frizz product. Apply this to sun-damaged or unruly hair to keep them looking smooth. As a bonus, it can add a hint of gloss to the hair surface too.
* Choose the right styling product according to your hair type: for long hair, adding a small amount of wax can make it look shiny and lustrous. If you have short hair, use a styling gel to give it a structured finish.
What is your vacation hair care must? Any particular products you can’t travel without?