Curls come in various forms, length, and styling. Each type offers different looks such that it can either be wild, romantic, sensual, or sassy depending on the type of curl that you opted for. This is true even if you are not born with naturally curly hair – there are several styling methods that you can use to achieve the kind of curls for your aspired look. It is important to note, however, that you need to know the right styling tools to use and proper styling instructions for best results.
Here is a step-by-step guide that you can follow for curling your hair. You may even follow these steps for everyday curling technique, although you can vary it up based on what kind of curl you are trying to achieve:
• Shampoo hair in the shower as normal.
• When you have finished shampooing, apply a volumising mousse into the hair.
• Blow dry your hair but make sure to maintain proper distance from the blow dryer and the hair. Start from the top of the head then work your way around the strands to make sure every single strand of hair is completely dry.
• Apply heat protection products to the hair before using the curling iron. Hold this position for a few seconds before releasing the hair from the curling iron. Repeat the same process with the rest of the hair.
• If you want the curls to hold for a long time, secure them with clips. Do this on every section of hair you have worked with before moving onto the next. Another benefit to clipping hair that has already been curled is that you can keep them out of the way and make it easier to work with the remaining strands.
• Wait for the curls to cool down before you remove the curls. This will allow the shape and curl to hold or else removing the clip immediately can cause hair to go back to its natural state.
• Add a bit more shape and style to your curls by using your fingers. Run your fingers through your curls to give them more definition. If you want a more tousled and voluminous look, try brushing through it as well.
• Finish off your style with the use of a light to medium hold hairspray. This will give more shine and control to your curls. Also, it will help to hold the curls for several hours, which is perfect if you are going to party or attend an evening soiree.
To achieve an organised look, try to curl your hair towards the same direction. You can go outward or inward, as long as they are all curled in the same direction.
Are you a fan of curls?