Most women sport the long hair because there are plenty of ways to style it or try out various hairstyles with it. However, there is also special kind of care required for maintaining long hair to ensure it stays healthy and keeps it looking beautiful all the time. If you are not giving it enough attention, hair care experts warn against the higher possibility of long hair being more prone to damage.
To keep your long hair looking vibrant for as long as possible, here are some hair care tips to incorporate into your daily regimen:
• Do not just be content with washing your hair with shampoo. Always use conditioner and special hair care treatment (depending on hair care need and texture) for added nourishment.
• Make it a habit to comb hair before applying shampoo. This will reduce the possibility of knots and tangles that can lead to split ends when combed.
• Do not tie your wet hair in a ponytail. Wait until it is dried completely before you tie it.
• Limit washing hair with shampoo to 3-4 times a week, not daily. Clean hair is a vital part of maintaining long hair but too much washing can also strip off essential nutrients needed for healthy growth. If you’re to use shampoo, go for sulphate-free shampoos for minimal damage and better nourishment.
• For long hair that is extremely brittle, it is recommended that you undergo regular deep conditioning treatment. This will help to restore lost nutrients into your hair and also give it moisture that is long lasting.
• Regularly massage your hair and scalp. This will help to stimulate the scalp’s blood circulation to promote healthier re-growth of your (particularly useful for those looking to grow their hair). For best results, massage hair and scalp twice weekly.
• Natural oils are nature’s gift to your hair. When you want to grow anything, nutrition is a crucial component. Make sure that you focus on applying oils to the roots because this promotes healthier, strong re-growth of hair. Ideally, you need to apply hair oils for twice a week.
• Split ends are inevitable for long hair, regardless of how much care you invest in it. Make sure that you frequently trim hair to remove split or damaged ends. It also prevents the possibility of uneven growth in your hair.
• Nourish your hair with vitamin E. This kind of vitamin is best for your hair as it contains antioxidants that get rid of harmful toxins and replenish your hair with the right kind of nutrients. If you have long hair, it is therefore recommended that you intake lots of food sources of vitamin E or use hair care products that have vitamin E as ingredient.
What other hair care tips can you add for long hair?