Colour and chemical hair treatments can wreck havoc on your hair in the long run. They might be able to enhance the beauty of your hair temporarily, but you need to think about the long term effects to your locks. Post-chemical and colour hair care routine is therefore something that you need to give more attention to. What you do after exposing your hair to colour and chemical formulas is critical in restoring its condition and preserving the new style.
Check out below for useful tips you can integrate into your hair care regimen:
After Colour Care
• The hair colouring process can result in more porous hair as it allows the formula to penetrate deep into the hair shaft to retain the colour for as long as possible. This process results in your hair becoming vulnerable to losing moisture. Hence, after hair colour, you need to double on your efforts to adding moisture and locking them in. In addition, you need to take measures to reseal the hair cuticle.
• Use a moisturising cream conditioner post-colour to help your hair maintain a healthy moisture level. It also aids in the process of lifting the cuticle layer.
• A weekly deep conditioning treatment is also vital in preserving the vibrancy of the colour, as well as assist in the process of hydrating hair strands and maintaining moisture.
• Avoid heat styling whenever possible. Hair is also lacking moisture when you opt to colour it (given the porosity of the strands) so you would not want to make it more vulnerable by exposing to heat.
• Undergo a hair nourishing mask treatment. In addition to deep conditioning treatment, this also helps to retain moisture and nourish the hair strands from deep within to keep it shiny and vibrant looking.
• Say no-no to chlorine. Aside from being harsh on hair, it also speeds up the process of colour fading.
Post-Chemical Treatment Care
• Chemical treatments such as straightening and perming are harsher to your locks than colouring. Hence, a special hair care treatment is necessary to preserve the integrity of your hair strands. Proper conditioning is your ticket to keeping hair healthy and vibrant.
• A protein-rich conditioner is an important part of your daily hair care routine. This will assist in restoring strength and health of hair, as well as retain moisture level.
• A good smoothing serum is also crucial to caring for hair to ensure that it does not result to frizz and you can keep hair looking shiny and smooth on the surface.
• Use gentle, moisturising shampoo as part of your daily regimen to hydrate each strand. Make sure to thoroughly rinse your hair after shampooing to keep harsh formulas off of your hair.
What is your post-colour and –chemical treatment hair care routine?