Do you want to know the secret to making yourself look instantly younger? It does not involve changing your haircut or hairstyle. If you’re thinking about a new hair colour, then you’re right! A change of hue (given you choose the right colour) can take a few years off of your look, making you look younger instantly!
There is no science involved here – it is all about refreshing your image and giving it an update to look more dated. In addition, the right colour can also enhance your facial features.
Here are some hair colour tips to keep in mind if you want to bring back the hands of time:
* If you cannot decide which to get of two colours, go for the lighter hue (if your hair is not medium blonde or lighter in shade). Light hair colours tend to be more flattering on a variety of skin tones than darker hues.
* If you want a hair colour that will be universally flattering and enhancing for your facial features, go for ash blonde hues. The colour counter balances any colouring mistakes while also softening your facial features for that youthful glow.
* When you age, your skin loses its natural pigments. This is why it becomes all the more important to choose the right hair colour hue to complement your natural skin tone. Try not to go too dark on your hair or else it will make your skin look pale. Here is a general rule to remember: if you have naturally dark hair, opt for a shade lighter. But if you have light hair, try to go a shade darker.
* Adding highlights to your hair? Try to keep it subtle. If you have aging skin, you would not want to use extreme highlights. The vibrant colours might end up clashing with your skin colour and it will age you all the more.
* Another tip for achieving more youthful glow with highlights is to go for warm hues.
What hair styling ideas have you tried to give a youthful vibe to your look?