The bun is making a huge comeback this year! This particular hairstyle, however, was once associated with a laid back look but never polished or sophisticated. Things have changed, though, as the sock bun hairstyle has become the go-to look for celebrities for that get-noticed style. If you’ve fancied doing this hairstyle to yourself, you’ve come to the right place as you’d find out just how easy it is to do.
First off, you need to gather the things that you will be needing to do your own sock bun hair. Here are the things you will need:
- a regular tube sock
- elastic band
- bobby pins
- brush or comb
- optional tools: dry shampoo and shine serum
An old sock can be used as bun enhancer. Simply cut the top off of the sock and roll it until it is the same shape as a doughnut. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to use your new sock bun:
1. Start by combing your hair. Make sure there are no tangles and the strands are completely smooth.
2. Apply a shine serum into your hair to tame the fly-aways and also to give it a sleek finish.
3. Gather your hair together as if you were going to do a ponytail. You can choose how high or low the placement of the bun is going to be. Secure the ponytail using an elastic band.
4. Take out the sock and bring your ponytail upwards as you slip in the sock. Gather the remainder of your hair into the sock bun and create a bun form by rolling it. Use bobby pins to tuck in any loose hair strands. Carefully tinker with your hair so that no part of the sock is showing.
Here’s a useful tutorial that you can view and learn how to do the sock bun yourself at home:
Are you a fan of the sock bun hairstyle?