If you have seen the Disney movie ‘Frozen’, you might be one of those that had noticed the beautiful hairstyles showcased by the Disney princesses Elsa and Anna throughout the film. Elsa, in particular, had this very iconic volumised French braid that every women from all over the world wanted to copy after the film.
If you had been wanting to try out this hairstyle, you are in for some luck as we will be giving you a tutorial today for this particular hairstyle. The tutorial is brought to you by Imogen Foxy Locks. You can find here Youtube channel here.
Meanwhile, here is a step by step guide to re-creating Elsa’s volumised French braid:
1. Start by teasing or backcombing the top section of your hair to create the volume. When you are done, smoothen out the hair. You can brush your hair but make sure you do so at the ends only and not the section that you just teased.
2. Gather the top half of your hair together. Use a clear elastic tie to secure the section of hair. Gently pull out smaller sections of hair from the same group in order to create more volume at the top part.
3. Push the top part of your hair forward to create a slight puff. Use bobby pins to secure the new puff you have created.
4. If you have thin hair, feel free to use hair extensions to add more volume and length. This will make it easier to create your braids.
5. At this point, you can start creating a French braid on the lower section of the hair. Use a 3-strand braid technique. When you reach the end of the hair, use another clear elastic to secure the braid.
6. You can finish off the look by pulling out small hairs along the hairline. This will give a casual and more organic vibe to the look.
Which was your favorite hairstyle from the film?