Wishing you could get those salon blowout looks at home but unsure how to blow dry your hair to get the same results? It seems that the stylist has a few tricks up her sleeve when it comes to beautiful, glowing locks that are shiny, healthy and gorgeous from root to tip. Oftentimes, it is the case that blowing your hair dry at home produces just the opposite effect, turning your hair into what looks like a pile of straw instead of hair that is full of life and vitality. But it does not have to be that way. You can actually blow your hair out with results that are as good as when sitting in your stylist’s chair. It does not have to be that difficult.
Getting a Gorgeous Blowout at Home
The top tip for how to blow your hair dry with the best results is a simple one that makes sense: be gentle. Your blow drying technique should be gentle, and it should leave your hair with lustre and bounce. You need to use the appropriate type of blow dryer or hair dryer, preferably one that will allow you to easily adjust air stream and temperature while drying your hair. Your hair dryer should have at least two settings, including a low temperature mode. Keep in mind that blowing your hair dry for a long period of time or using high heat the entire time can damage the structure of your hair, giving your hair split ends and leaving it brittle. It doesn’t hurt to have proper styling aids on hand, including a good heat-protecting spray, a diffuser attachment that fits onto the end of your dryer, and a paddle brush.
Tips for Healthy Blowouts That Turn Heads
The tips below can help you to achieve gorgeous results while avoiding damage to your hair. Follow them and your hair has no choice but to be shiny, lustrous and healthy!
- Avoid the highest heat settings on your blow dryer. If the air from the dryer is too hot on the back of your hand, it is hot enough to damage your tresses.
- Don’t get too close to your hair with the dryer. Stay at least eight inches out.
- For fine hair, set the air stream to its lowest setting or you will end up with tangled hair that becomes damaged when you try to brush it out.
- Blow dry your hair from root to end. This will smooth the cuticles of the hair, leaving it shiny and healthy.
- Move the blowdryer around when you are drying the hair. This ensures that you do not apply heat to a single area in an amount that might be damaging to the hair.
- Divide your hair into portions, securing the hair with large clips, and then work from your neckline to your crown.
- To spread out the air stream, use a diffuser attachment.
- When you are finished, give your hair a final shot of cool air. This will enhance the elasticity of your hair.
There you have it! With these tips in hand, you are ready for a beautiful blowout that will have all eyes focused on you!