Bangs can do wonders for your hairstyle. A simple, boring hairstyle can suddenly turn edgy by adding various styles of bangs. Meanwhile, some also think that bangs can take a few years off of your look. Whether the latter is true or not, it is undeniable that this is a great way to seriously amp up your hairstyle.
When choosing bangs, though, it can be tricky to pick a style that would suit your face shape. Below are some guidelines that you can use for choosing:
• The Eye Grazing Fringe is one of the best bangs for women with square shaped face or angular features in order to soften up those angles. Go for a side swept bangs that are long and graze above your brows. If you want to give it more edge, make the hair wispy on the top so that some of your forehead skin shows through.
• If you are not into an eye grazing fringe, square faced women can also go for the full fringe! This is an edgy way to sport bangs because the thick and full fringes cover your entire forehead. Make sure that the sides are longer than the front fringes, though, to create more definition. It is important to note that the full fringe is different from the average blunt bangs (wherein the latter does not work for women with square face shape).
• This face shape is somewhat similar to the square face, although the former has softer jaws than the latter. Hence, side swept bangs also work well for round faces.
• Avoid wispy bangs if you have a round face. Also, make sure that you go for thick bangs for more styling impact.
• Another great bangs style to try is the angular bangs. The graphic sweep helps to create the illusion of length in the face, something of which round faced women naturally lack.
• Additional tip: For round faced women wanting to go for blunt bangs, identify the widest part of the face and make sure to avoid a straight cut around that area. The curve in the blunt bangs creates more definition – meaning the sides are longer than the middle part. It creates angle when there isn’t in your face’s natural shape.
• If you have a long face, choose bangs that give a wider appearance to your face. Some of the great choices of bangs include blunt and side swept bangs.
• Oval faces are pretty versatile when it comes to wearing bangs. One of the top choices for women with oval shaped face is the pixie. It brings forth more attention to the face while creating some definition.
• Another excellent choice for oval faces is the rock n’ roll bangs.
• A heart shaped face is characterised by a wider forehead as compared to the jaw line. Hence, the chin area is the most distinctive part of the face. Avoid blunt bangs, therefore, because this will bring more attention towards the forehead. Instead, a long side swept bangs will help to neutralise your look because the sweep of the hair towards the chin softens that up.
• Layered and feathered bangs are also perfect choice for a heart shaped face.
• Long and fringed bangs work well for heart shapes, too. The fringe from the bangs typically ends just below the brow and extends to the sides. This particular hairstyle creates a stunning look.
Which of these bangs style do you love?