Styling hair can be fun and rewarding once you see the finished product. However, the work that goes into it can be quite daunting, especially when you have to do your styling on a daily basis. Don’t you wish you can make your everyday styling routine less stressful and hectic? Dry shampoo is the answer you’re looking for. If you think that this product is merely an alternative to everyday washing, then you don’t know what it’s capable of doing just yet.
Dry shampoo is the quick solution when you need to refresh hair or give it a boost in the middle of the day. This is the reason why this product is great for travelers because you can use it on-the-go and keep the bounce and vitality in your hair. But this same quality also makes it a great alternative for everyday styling that can eat up time. Switching to dry shampoo is therefore guaranteed to give you great results even when you are pressed for time.
How To Use Dry Shampoo
Using dry shampoo can never be easier. Here is a step by step guide on how to do this:
1. There is no need to wash your hair prior to using this product. Hence, it is a good product to use when you want to skip everyday shampooing. Simply wrap your shoulders with a towel to keep it from messing everything else up. Then, brush your hair.
2. Always shake the container prior to spraying dry shampoo onto your hair. Do this in quick, short bursts and in about 20-cm distance. It is up for you to decide how much you should apply, whether you want to de-grease certain parts only or your fringes. If you opt for the powder type dry shampoos, apply along the roots and on specific areas you want to treat or style.
3. Let the dry shampoo to sit for about 2-3 minutes. This will allow the formula to work on your hair by absorbing residues of hair styling products, sebum, and dirt. Take out a towel and massage your hair and scalp (after about 3 minutes of letting dry shampoo sit). If you want to use your hand in massaging, feel free to do so.
4. Take a natural bristle brush for brushing your hair after applying dry shampoo. This will help to get rid of every last bit of the dry shampoo off of your hair. In addition, the bristles are gentle enough on your hair so as not to cause split ends as most plastic bristles do.
5. Flip your head upside down and use blow dryer on your hair. This will help add more bounce and shine to your locks.
When you are using dry shampoo as alternative to washing hair or everyday styling, refrain from using wax products because they tend to make your hair greasy and more prone to accumulating dirt.
What’s your best use for dry shampoo?