The top knot bun is getting a lot of exposure on the red carpet with various celebrities and famous personalities rocking this look more than ever. Indeed, this is the easiest way to pull off a glam look with a bun hairstyle. This is also a versatile look because it can go with any kind of look whether you want something glam, chic, or edgy.
If you would like to try this hairstyle, follow these simple steps to learn how to do the top knot yourself:
1. Flip your head upside down and begin to brush from the roots. For best results, make sure to apply a bit of hairspray on the brush before brushing.
2. Gather all of your hair in a ponytail, only that you are doing it around the crown area. Slide the grouped together hair towards the off-center so there is more sass into your hairstyle. Take an elastic band to tie your hair together and secure them in place.
3. Take the ends of your hair and start to do a back combing technique to give it more volume and texture. Twist the hair into a bun. Continue to twist the remaining ends of the hair over the bun.
4. Secure the top knot using bobby pins.
5. As a final touch, use your hands to rub against the hair especially focusing on the hairline. This will help to give a more casual vibe into the look and give it added volume.
Here is a video to show you how easy it is to do the top knot:
Which celebrity do you think rocks the best top knot?