With spring and summer, you expect to go out more often than you would the rest of the year. The weather is indeed perfect for exploring outdoor adventures – but have you considered the detrimental effects of the weather on your hair? Of all the harsh things it can do to your hair, dryness is one of the biggest issues you will face.
Whether you want to prevent damage or stop the first signs from spreading, here are a few suggestions:
1. You need to get a haircut or trim to get rid of any split ends that have formed or are starting to form. Hence, you need to invest in a moisturising or repair conditioner and shampoo as part of your spring’s hair care regimen.
2. Always check the shampoos you use and make sure it is formulated with SPF protection. Moisturising formulas in shampoo alone cannot defend your hair against harmful UV rays from the sun, which causes hair to become fried or completely dry.
3. Air dry your hair, if you can. Spring and summer causes heat temperature level to go up. You would not want to further compromise dryness in hair by using too much heat styling tools. If you need to, never skip heat protection products.
4. Always prep your hair before diving into the swimming pool. Spray an adequate amount of leave-in conditioner to hair before you go into the pool. Also, wait for a certain amount of time to ensure that the product is absorbed instead of being washed off quickly when in contact with water.
5. Pay your hairstylist a regular visit. Seek advice on the best hair products to use to fight dryness. Prevention is still better than any cure.
What is your secret to beautiful hair for spring? We’d love to hear them in the comments!