Damage in hair can come in every form and in a variety of causes. Thus, you need to come prepared and care for your hair from within to ensure that it does not take its wear on your strands over time. Dry heated hair is the biggest culprit to making hair lose its vibrancy, which is why hair experts recommend that you limit the use of heat styling tools.
If you feel like your hair has gone flat and lost its vitality, all hope is not lost. There are a few things you need to look into during the hair care routine to ensure that you can restore vibrancy of hair and keep it that way for as long as possible:
• Choosing the hair treatment is just one step – you need to learn the proper way of applying them, too. A weekly hair treatment is recommended in place of a conditioner if you want to protect hair against all weather conditions. More frequent application might be needed for those with extremely damaged hair.
• Upon applying hair treatment, take a warm towel and use it to wrap around your hair. Make sure to check the label of the treatment to determine how long you should keep it on your hair before rinsing. The warmth coming from the towel will help to soften the outermost layers of the hair in order to quickly absorb active ingredients found in the treatment. Take time to properly rinse hair and make sure that no residues are left.
• If you are looking to use an intensive treatment on your hair, patiently work the treatment into each strand. Start application from roots to the ends. It might require a bit more effort but it will ensure effective results.
• The best way to maximise the effect of hair treatments is to apply early in the day. Then, style your hair in an updo so that the treatment is kept in your throughout the day. Because of this, rinsing properly becomes highly important.
• If you feel that hair is not responding well, especially during the latter part of the day, you can distribute a small amount of the treatment on the palm of your hand and massage it into the ends. No need to rinse off product.
What steps do you take to ensure that your hair remains free from damage?