It’s almost Valentine’s Day! If you are one of those who look forward to this occasion every year, then you must be up and about in preparation for this special day with someone in your life. One of the things to look into are the bookings for your dinner date, your dress and the hairstyle.
Lucky for you, we found this amazing tutorial that you will be able to use for re-creating your own fun but sexy hairstyle for Valentine’s Day: the messy braid. This tutorial is courtesy of the lovely girls at Bobby Glam. If you want more creative hairstyles and tutorials, do check them out.
Here are notes from the video to help you out:
1. Gather the things you need for creating this hairstyle: 1) back combing brush, 2) bobby pins, 3) hair elastic, and 4) hair spray. In addition to these, you will also be using a hair dryer to help you create some shape to your hair.
2. Start by adding texture in the hair by applying hair spray prior to styling. Before you apply hair spray, though, choose which side of the hair to create a deep side part. Then, use your fingers to rough up the hair and give it more volume. This is important for that slightly undone look.
3. At this point, take out the blow dryer and use it to dry up the damp hair and set them in place.
4. Divide your hair into three sections and start braiding. As you move down, try to loosen up your hair a bit to give it more body and refrain from a super sleek looking braid.
5. When you reach the end, use a hair elastic to secure it.
What is your Valentine’s day hairstyle favorite of all-time?