Have you noticed how those women in shampoo commercials have so much volume in their hair that they literally bounce when they move or walk? Did you ever feel disheartened because your hair looked nothing like that? Every girl aspires to achieve beautifully, bouncy hair because it signifies healthy hair, too.
You’re in for some luck because we have gathered the tips you need to adapt if you want to get more bounce into your hair. Check them out below:
1. The quickest way to lift up volume in hair is to apply styling mousse to damp hair. This styling product coats the hair shaft to make it instantly look thicker. When you blow dry it (make sure to wait for a few minutes for the product to be absorbed), you will have bouncy hair that holds for a long time.
2. You can also try a DIY trick for getting more bouncy hair that includes mixing a cup of warm water with equal amount of vinegar.
3. Opt for longer layers. This is an effective way to instantly add bounce to your hair without the use of any hair styling products. You can also try long layers on short hair to give it bounce. Opting for a one length look will make your hair look too heavy. This is a great trick to try for those with naturally thin hair.
4. Use round brush when you apply a root booster to your hair. Start by applying the root volumising product on your hair for maximum fullness and bounce. Separate your hair into four different sections and use your round brush to gently roll through each section.
5. Prepare a baking soda rinse to clarify your hair regularly. The presence of residues on your hair can take away the shine and bounce. Hence, encourage a healthier bounce and volume to your tresses by clarifying regularly.
6. In addition to opting for long layers, you can also experiment with blending different length of layers. When you go for a blend of layers, though, make sure to tell your stylist to cut off the ends so it thins out rather than having one bulky layer that looks awful.
7. Use hot rollers. This is one other reliable technique for achieving maximum bounce to your hair. Use your trusted brand of hot rollers for the best volumising result. Also, it is important to use the recommended styling products to help maintain the volume, such as a smoothing creme so it is easier to style.
8. Refrain from getting a super straight hairstyle. This is not the best bet for those with fine hair or if you are seeking to get bounce. Infuse some waves into your look by working in some pomade into your hair post-shower. This will help you achieve a more defined curl but also that glistening effect to keep your tresses healthy-looking.
How do you keep your hair bouncy and healthy-looking?