Living things all go through the process of aging wherein the body suffers its eventual decline. Skin and hair are two of the most specific areas of concern for women who go through aging and most wish there was a way to stop this process. But the harsh truth is, you can’t stop aging. It is a part of human’s natural development. The only thing you can do is slow the process of aging by preserving the natural shine and beauty of your hair for as long as possible. In most cases, however, incorrect methods of styling and harsh products can make the hair age rapidly.
Your hair will require higher level of attention when you age to ensure that it won’t show in your tresses – or at least not as soon as you fear it would! Here are 7 tips from hair experts you can apply into your hair care routine to add more shine, volume, and vitality to your hair:
1. Nourish your hair. The biggest culprit to an aging and dull hair is the frequent hair styling and heat exposure. These powerful hair tools now accessible to women to use at home are also zapping the hair off of its natural moisture and vitamins. Keratin, in particular, is an important kind of protein that helps the hair to absorb essential vitamins and minerals. Without it, the hair becomes dull and easily damaged from the elements. Make sure to invest in hair care products that supplements the missing keratin and fights free radicals.
2. Eat nutritious food. The hair is the last tissue to get nourishment from your system, which is why it is important to eat healthy foods rich in nutrients to keep your hair looking and being healthy. A balanced diet consisting of iron, zinc, and protein, as well as anti-oxidants help fight causes of hair thinning and damage.
3. Take care of your scalp. The condition of the scalp directly impacts the health of your hair. Hence, it pays to invest in your scalp health, too. Invest in scalp nourishing products that rejuvenate the scalp such as those rich in vitamin E and C, argan oil, and grape seed oil extract.
4. Minimise use of products that pull on hair. These products can range from ponytails, braids, tight rollers, and the like. The strain it puts on the hair strand not only causes hair breakage but also causes permanent damage to the roots of the hair, which results to hair loss or thinning.
5. Add volume. There is nothing like a limp hair that makes your crowning glory look unhealthy and unattractive. Thus, hair care experts recommend that you go for plumping assistance and add more dimension to your tresses. You need a great texturiser, blow-dry it and you’re ready to go!
6. Give it shine. Shiny hair is one indicator of healthy hair. Thus, when you notice that your hair is dried up, then you have to do something to restore its shine. Using heat to style your hair is the best way to restore shine but you need to be extra careful so as not to lose natural moisture in the process. Choose your hair care products carefully to ensure that you can seal in the glassy surface of your hair strands.
7. Combat stress. The myth regarding stress and hair is not a myth after all. Even hair experts agree that stress can result in hair breakout and lifeless hair. As soon as you feel too much stress in your everyday life, look for ways to chill out. You can do de-stressing activities such as sports, yoga, meditation, or anything that calms you down.