When you are going to the salon for a new haircut, you need to give attention to the details. It is important to take note of a few tips from hairstyle pros to recreate the hottest looks of the year and look awesome wearing them!
• Use razor for creating the tapered sideburns to create more definition in the cut, especially the edges. This will also prevent your hairstyle from being too shaggy.
• The length at the back of the hair should be close to the nape while the front is shorter. This will help to maintain the geometry of the hair cut, especially when the top layers start to grow out.
• Keep the layers tiny so you can easily choose any side for a deep side part. You can really open up your whole face by opting for a dramatic side part that is swooped over the forehead.
• You can soften the cut by opting to razor your angled pixie. Use a gel for a slick look and controlled style.
• Like the angled pixie, use a razor to create the layers for long hair. This will create more texture and a piece-y look that is a hot trend for women with long hair today. In addition, using a razor to create layers also create more natural looking waves.
• For addition styling purposes, try an off-center part to reinforce the natural feel of the hairstyle. You can also add lowlights to the hair so it does not appear too heavy, especially at the bottom.
• Unlike the angled pixie, you need to use a scissor when cutting your hair short. This will prevent hair from being frizzy especially if you have naturally curly hair.
• Thin out volume at the back of the hair by feathering them out. The curve of your neckline should also match that of your frontal hairline; thus creating balance in the look.
• If you have naturally thick hair and are looking to get a textured pixie, add etched and pointed tips. This will lend shape to the hairstyle and keep the hair from covering your ears.
• When cutting your hair into a blunt bob, the front pieces should be kept slightly longer than the rest of your hair. When you allow the hair to fall naturally, the length should be right around the jawline.
• Scissors are used to create a square-shaped cut on the bob while at the same time keeping the edges blunt and sharp. This is also a great technique for cutting fine hair because it helps to create a lot of volume.
Piecey Bob• When visiting your hairstylist, ask for a classic bob. This cut is made with scissors and then razor is used to break up the layers for that piecey texture. It creates a modern take on the haircut.
• The ends of a piecey bob should be cut at an angle to render an undefined shape to the haircut. This will make it easy to grow out the hair without frequently going for a trim.
• The back of the haircut is shorter as compared to the front. Again, this will create an illusion of volume and thickness while adding a sense of dimension and body.
Which of these classic haircuts are you willing to try? Take note of these pointers so you can get the most out of your new haircut.