When it comes to traveling, you want to make sure that you are comfortable with your choice of clothes and footwear. The same goes with your hairstyle, too. You want to make sure that you choose hairstyles that are easy to maintain but can withstand the conditions in an outdoor environment, or the road.
1. Be mindful of the surroundings. What kind of environment do you expect to be exposed to? What kind of activities are you going to do during the duration of your trip?
2. Leave elaborate hairstyles for another occasion. Simple hairstyles like a ponytail or chignon works best for styling on-the-go because they keep the hair off the face.
3. When you are going to tie your hair in a ponytail, it is best to keep a low ponytail or tie it to the side. This will help keep your hair on the way when you are leaning back in your seat throughout a long drive.
4. For a day trip, straightened hairstyles work best. This will give your hair an elegant but simple sophistication, which can quickly be transitioned for night activities such as a dinner or night-out.
5. Forget about the concept of traveling light. If you want to maintain beautiful hair while traveling or outdoors, it pays to have the right styling aids at bay. Among the most important styling products for your hair that must not be missing in your travel kit are dry shampoo, volumising powder, and accessories like clips, elastic band, and bobby pins.
6. If you are traveling for a long time, it is best to plan out your hairstyles beforehand. This will also give you an idea on what styling products and tools to bring with you. Hence, you can be on your way to smart packing while ensuring that you do not miss out anything that you might need later.
7. Spin pins are a good investment. Bobby pins might be what most women are used to but spin pins are getting a lot of attention lately because they provide better hold, especially when securing your hair in a bun or ponytail (which are common hairstyle choices while traveling).
8. Always carry a bottle of water wherever you go. Aside from air and other outdoor factors, dehydration can also make your hair look extremely dry.
9. The sock bun comes to the rescue! A sock bun is notably the most chic and fun way to style your hair while keeping your hair intact. And the best part about donning a sock bun? You can get the most beautiful curls when you take them out. Thus, it is a great choice of hairstyle to transition from day to night.
10. Try a braid. Aside from a bun, braids are also perfect for travelers. The fact that there are several types of braids to choose from also makes it really easy to be creative and come up with different looks!
What is your hairstyling trick on-the-go?