Washing your hair with shampoo and conditioner is the surest way to give a boost to your hair’s shine and vibrancy. However, there are effective ways to get the same results even when you do not wash it with water. But there is no need to worry because styling your hair on the go is actually quite simple; that is, if you know the tricks.
Below are some hair styling tricks to quickly revitalise your locks so you can get beautiful hair all throughout the day:
• Always stock up on dry shampoo and take it with you at all times. If you have coloured hair, go for the ones that are designed primarily for those with coloured hair because it can also provide a protective style. The less you wash your hair, the longer the colour will stay. When applying dry shampoo, concentrate only on the roots and skip application on the hair shaft.
• Apply a volumising dry shampoo. These are one of the best products you can use for styling on the go. It will give instant volume to hair without having to wash hair, especially when wet hair is just not suitable for the occasion or when blow drying can take too much time.
• Go for an updo! This is the simplest trick in the book when you have no time or prefer not to wash your hair pre-styling. Simply spritz a sufficient amount of styling hairspray or volumising dry shampoo to rejuvenate your hairstyle.
• Skipping shampoo entail greasy hair and loss of texture. A simple trick to revitalise your locks would be to use a paddle brush for teasing your hair. Take about an inch of your hair at a time then raise it upwards. Use the brush to tease hair towards the scalp. Finish off your look with a hairspray to help hold the shape for a long while.
• Aside from dry shampoo, bobby pins can also save your day when it comes to styling without washing hair. Use your brush to sweep hair strands off of your face and use the bobby pins to style them on the center or on the side, whichever you prefer.
• If you are looking to preserve last night’s style, choose a satin or cotton pillow case to sleep on. These kinds of fabrics are more gentle to your hair and won’t cause static so your style remains intact even after you sleep.
Do not let your inability to get water to wash your hair or the greasiness of skipping shampoo get in the way of your styling. Be creative with an updo or follow any of the above tips to give hair the rejuvenation it needs!
How do you revitalise hair on the go?