Curls and waves are excellent hairstyles for hair if you want to achieve a glam look. However, there is nothing more glam than a silky, smooth and straight hair that speaks of elegance and feminine style. Thus, women tend to aspire for this kind of hair from time to time. But even if this particular hairstyle looks very simple, it actually takes a lot of hard work to achieve. Not to mention that a lot of women slave on the flat iron for hours just to ensure they can get a lasting straight hair.
But constant straightening of hair using hot tools like a flat iron can be damaging over time. Other hair straightening products can also contribute to the same. Follow these guidelines for straightening your hair without causing damage:
• Safe and effective straightening of hair begins with your choice of shampoo. There are plenty of straightening shampoos in the market so you need to invest in your favorite brand to help in the process of achieving a silky, straight hair. This kind of shampoo is designed to give shine and suppleness to the strands.
• After you shampoo, use a straightening conditioner. Best to apply the conditioner to the strands and rinse it thoroughly after.
• For those with naturally curly or frizzy hair, applying a specialised anti-frizz serum can aid in the process of hair straightening. Make sure to look for those with protein, silicone, and plant oils as ingredients for maximum results.
• To keep your straight hair last throughout the entire day, you can also apply straightening hair spray that helps to keep hair sleek and straight without adding too much weight.
• Proper blow drying technique is also the key to more effective hair straightening results. Use a brush to pull your hair strand by strand as you blow dry each section. If possible, use round brush for best results and use it like a hair roller. A round brush is recommended for working with short hair while use a paddle brush when you have long hair.
• In addition to effective blow drying technique, you can apply other products like straightening lotion or crème for lasting straight hair.
• Invest in a quality flat iron, preferably professional brands and quality. Also, go for those with ceramic plates because these allow even distribution of heat throughout your strands. Ceramic flat irons are also more effective in regulating temperatures so you do not end up with extreme heat damage in the long run.
• Cannot survive without using flat iron? Be sure that your hair is properly protected from heat. There are several heat protection products designed to coat every hair cuticle and help resist heat damage.
• Refrain from touching your hair too frequently. Whenever you do, it exposes your hair strands to friction that can result to misbehaved hair.
How do you keep damage off when straightening your hair?