Even when you wash and shampoo your hair regularly, it is not enough. Your hair requires a special kind of treatment to ensure that it can stay healthy and supple. For that, you need to use a hair conditioner. This particular hair care product is designed to give the extra care your hair needs on a daily basis. But the conditioner’s ability to become effective depends largely on choosing the right type for your hair. once you make the right choice, you can expect better looking, healthier hair in time.
Conditioners can primarily bring more shine to your hair. This is why hair care experts recommend you use conditioner after you shampoo or wash your hair. It acts as a protective cover particularly for the thin outermost layer of your strands. Hence, your hair can maintain its shine for longer and minimise long term damage from rubbing and constant washing.
Over the years, the formulation of hair conditioners had been changed to address a wide range of hair care problems. Some of the new conditioners offer intensive treatment that can repair or reverse extreme damage. Meanwhile, there are also those that can be applied as leave-in treatments for daily care and nourishment.
For maximum results, here are additional tips on using hair conditioners:
• Apply conditioners to the lower part or ends of hair only since that is where the care is really needed most. If you place them on the scalp, it can aggravate oily hair problems.
• Another great technique for thoroughly applying conditioner to hair is through a wide tooth comb. This also ensures equal distribution of the formula.
• Make sure to thoroughly rinse the conditioner after applying. Leaving formula in your hair can be damaging, too.
• For specific cases, like major split ends problem, you can apply a small amount of conditioner to hair ends prior to washing it with shampoo.
• Keep the amount of conditioner you use to a minimum. A walnut sized amount should suffice for most hair types.
Are you making the most of the conditioners’ benefits to your hair?